Building traffic in a blog is not as an easy thing to do. But it’s not that hard either if you just be consistent on doing the things that you need to. Passion is the key to being a successful blogger or website owner on getting traffic on their site/blog.
In this article, you’ll learn some of the things that you need to learn if you want to get traffic on your blog. Read the first article “Important tips to get traffic on your blog” to be more informed on this topic.
1. Set up an RSS feed for your Blog’s content – You need to do this to keep your loyal readers on being updated on your blog. Setting up an RSS feed is easy, and Feedburner is popular when it comes here. This will allow your readers to subscribe to your blog, which will enable them to visit it if you have new updates for them.
2. Add links and make use of trackbacks – Links can help you get more traffic on your blog. If you link on a blog, the blog owner will be notified that you had added a link on his blog. Most of these bloggers are generous; they give back what they have received, so they link back to your blog. This will help your blog on having back links on your blog.
The more backlinks with high page rank, the more chances of having high page rank as well. And when you got high page rank, search engines will search for your blog whenever a search query search on the keyword on your blog.
Don’t worry too much about this. Just do the everyday thing that you need to do. Publish good quality blog content, write the quality comment on blogs and make use of social media sites.
3. Tag your posts – It’ll take just a little bit of seconds on tagging each of your blog posts. But it helps a lot on getting traffic on your blog. Blog search engines like Technorati will easily make your blog visible to searchers if you do this.
4. Make use and submit your posts to Social Bookmarking Sites – This is one of the easiest ways to getting traffic on your blog. StumbleUpon is one of the best sites that could get traffic on your blog. Digg is another great site that a blogger should take advantage of. If you submit your blog post to Digg and it received enough Diggs, then it will get tons of traffic!
Social bookmarking sites also give you the chance of setting your blog into the wildfire! When visitors on this sites shares your blog into other social networking and bookmarking sites, then that’s the start of having a super traffic site or blog. Just imagine a blog that automatically gets traffic that you don’t have to worry about where to get them.
5. Study and do Search Engine Optimization – Writing your blog posts is one of the most important things you need to do. And don’t just write your content; do optimize it for search engines. But don’t write too much for them; remember that readers are more important than optimizing it for the search engine.
The search engine could get traffic on your blog. It could get a lot of traffic when done correctly. Avoid overusing it because it could make your blog wrong. If you use a lot of irrelevant keywords and links on your blog post, then it would be called spamming. That’s a bad thing to do. Search engines will ignore your blog if you do spam.
6. Use Images – Images makes a blog more entertaining. It could also make a topic more understandable by providing images. Sometimes pictures can explain more efficiently than text. Take advantage of them, but you should also use them properly.
Images can also get traffic on your blog. Search engines like Google and Yahoo have an option for searching images. If you do have images on your blog and is optimized well for search engines, then it would appear on search engines, and you’ll get traffic on your blog.
Those are the things that you need to do to get traffic on your blog. Subscribe for more updates.